TITLE: Liberty Hyde Bailey Museum Administrative Assistant/Bailey Ambassador
STATUS: Part-time, 24 hours/week, 10.00am – 4.00pm, Summer Wednesday – Saturday. Some schedule flexibility during the months the Museum is closed.
SUPERVISOR: Initially, a Museum Board Member, then the Museum Director (herein ‘Director’)
The Liberty Hyde Bailey Museum (LHBM) Administrative Assistant promotes the LHBM Mission through customer service, documenting and cataloguing archival material, and providing general administrative office support. The ideal LHBM Administrative Assistant is energetic, efficient with a high level of organization, and possesses strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with Museum Members, general public, LHBM volunteers, future staff, and the Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Education and Experience:
- Assist Director with the day to day operation of the LHBM.
- Maintain and update collections inventory using Past Perfect.
- Maintain membership information and member communication using Past Perfect.
- Manage day to day communications; answering phone, check various LHBM emails daily, act on or forward information as required.
- Cheerfully greet museum guests. Learn LHBM history to provide limited tours.
- Help support the activities and programs of the LHBM and volunteers; registrations, scheduling, order supplies.
- Open and process mail delivered to the LHBM.
- Execute financial tasks as specified in the Financial Policy.
- Assist with membership relationships utilizing Constant Contact; newsletters, announcements, mail campaigns, Thank You letters, membership cards, etc.
- Assist with marketing projects; website updates, email marketing, designing and proofing marketing materials.
- Provide light housekeeping as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned to address ongoing LHBM needs.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Public History, Education, or Marketing preferred, curatorial experience a plus.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATION
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills.
Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time and perform repetitive data entry. Must be able to navigate narrow stairways. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The majority of the work is performed indoors but there may be times when this position is required to work outdoors. Typically, the environment is fairly quiet but noise levels may rise when events or camps take place.
The Liberty Hyde Bailey Museum and Gardens is a city of South Haven property. The LHBM is an equal opportunity employer, and LHBM policies follow the City’s policies. The LHBM is a drug-free workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee. Job responsibilities are subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 269 637 3251
Revised January 9, 2020