We’re here to make sure you understand the job responsibilities, but we also think it’s important for you to get to know our culture and values so you can begin living your “I Am Honor” story on your very first day.
So, who are we? Team Honor is made up of outgoing, positive, friendly and highly experienced individuals that pride themselves on putting the member first to “Provide Solutions for Your Financial Success”. We also live each day by our core values: Respect, Integrity, Truth, and Fairness. It’s no accident that we stick a giant smiley face on everything that is Honor, we are genuinely happy to help. We wear jeans because we’re not afraid to jump in to do the work with our members and we look forward to the next time we can volunteer in our community. Come Be Part Of It!
Do you enjoy being the face of an organization? Do you have the natural ability to make people feel welcome? If so, then Honor has an exceptional opportunity for you. Honor Credit Union is looking for an individual who can utilize their excellent customer service skills to provide a best-in-class member experience. This teller position is an excellent opportunity to start a career!
Teller - South Haven (Part-Time)
- Responsible for providing a variety of paying and receiving functions, including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, money orders and cash advances.
- Balances each day's transactions and verifies cash totals.
- Actively cross-sells Credit Union products and services. Works to achieve personal referral goals by suggestive selling.
- Performs specific assigned side-jobs and assists other Tellers with a variety of duties as required.
- Ensures Members are promptly and professionally served.
COMMITMENTS TO LIVING "I AM HONOR":
- Act with Urgency and Care - Be the person "they" call first. (aka "I got a person")
- The Platinum Rule - Treat others the way they want to be treated.
- Make the Connection - Genuinely welcome everyone. Provide a "WOW" experience. Engage and make their experience memorable.
- See a Need, Fill a Need - Needs may be known or unrealized. Help others dream bigger.
- Reason over Rules - If a process prevents you from filling a need, take action and challenge the process to make it better.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: High school diploma or equivalent.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of Teller policies and procedures and related compliance. Basic understanding of Company operations.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Abilities generally acquired on the job. Cash handling and customer service experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have demonstrated ability to keep finances in order.
- Sales background or demonstrated skills to perform sales/provide solutions related activities.
- Good communication skills.
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
- Good math skills.
- Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment including adding machine, typewriter, copy machine, coin and money counting machines and telephone.
- Good typing skills.