Do you love having FUN?
Do you love working in a Team as well as by yourself?
Do you love working with your hands?
Do you love interacting with people?
Do you love doing something different every day?
Then this job may be for YOU.
**This is a seasonal position May-October (position may be available through December for Christmas in the Park)**
Some specific job duties may include:
- Operate powered equipment such as mowers, tractors, bobcat, excavator, chainsaws, weedwhacker, etc.
- Care for established lawns by mulching, weeding, grubbing and removing thatch, and trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, and walls.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Mow and edge lawns, using power mowers and edger’s.
- Gather and remove litter.
- Implement daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance and cleaning programs as outlined by the resort manager/owner. These are not the duties of one individual but do include but are not limited to including the pool/spa, lawn mowing, weed eating, landscaping, garbage pick-up, propane pumping, game machine, laundry servicing and various other campground equipment upkeep.
- Maintain pool operations, daily testing, cleaning, and maintenance of pool. Ensure proper stocking of needed chemicals from inventory sheets.
- Must be available a mix of shifts; days, evenings, including weekends and summer holiday weekends (Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day).
- This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Basic knowledge of basic landscape practices.
- Basic knowledge of equipment operation including mowers, weed eaters, trimmers, chainsaws, tractor and other resort equipment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through both verbal and written venues.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Possess exceptional guest relations skills.
- Weekend & Evening hours are required.
This position is an extremely physically active position. Employee is regularly required to stand, walk and run. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, hop, skip and jump. Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds. This position also frequently includes assisting in promoting the image of the characters and the employee to dress in costumes, which are confining spaces and can be extremely hot. Employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions (hot and humid, rainy, extreme temperatures, airborne particles).
**Not full job description.
Wage based on experience