Mentors work directly with approximately 10-20 students, to provide an innovative, enriching, stimulating, safe, responsible, well-supervised out of school time experience, while acting as a positive role model, and mentor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
● Must pass the Michigan Child Care Background Check & Fingerprinting and Sports Engine Background Check.
● Must provide negative TB Test Results● Must be at least 16 year of age.
● Must possess valid Michigan Driver’s License, Michigan ID (16 and under signed waiver from parent/guardian).
● Must have reliable transportation to and from the program site.
● Must be able to travel among our centers when needed.
● Must complete 24 hours of professional development annually.
● Must be willing to obtain Mi-YDA Certification or Credential
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Effectively manage your assigned group remaining completely engaged and active.
● Create a cohesive and effective staff team environment.
● Assist in enrollment, recording and submitting daily attendance records, and any other required documents to the Supervisor.
● Assist at other program sites and assignments, as requested by Supervisor and Program Coordinator.
● Lead a group of approximately 10-20 students in an engaging instructional setting, maintaining high standards for behavior and safety.
● Ability to develop and implement age appropriate activities.
● Serve as a positive role model for youth in the program through appropriate dress, speech, attitude, and courtesy.