OST Site Supervisor works to provide an innovative, enriching, stimulating, safe, responsible, well-supervised out of school time program through coordination with schools, Enrichment Specialist, Resource Coordinator and Executive Director while supporting the mission of YDC.
To provide ongoing training and guidance to staff, create, plan, and implement age appropriate activities with K- 8th grade while focusing on academic requirements and needs. To Coordinate with the Resource Coordinator to bring volunteers and resources for new staff and families.
Qualifications and Requirements:
● Must be 21 years of age or older.
● Have earned a High School Diploma or equivalent.
● Must have 480 hours of experience working as a caregiver in a program serving school-age children that meets the requirements of State Licensing.
● Have completed 15 clock hours, 1 semester hour, or 1.5 CEUs of documented school-age training.
● Must possess a valid Michigan Driver’s License.
● Current first Aid/CPR Certification (or within 3 months of employment).
● At least one year experience working with youth in a classroom, after school, or recreation environment (may be a combination of all).
● Maintain a high level of communication.
● Must have reliable transportation to and from the program site.
● Must be able to travel among our centers when needed.
● Must possess an optimistic, outgoing, and enthusiastic personality
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Communication all program information, changes, events, training using all available resources to parents, staff and peers.
● Ability to create and implement fun and engaging developmentally age appropriate activities in the area(s) of individual expertise, certification, or craft.
● With support of the Enrichment Specialist and Resource Coordinator, plans and implements the on-site curriculum of daily enrichment activities that align with YDC/PAL monthly goals while creating themes for groups; continually interfacing with youth, volunteers, staff, and parents.
● Lead staff by example by engaging staff in instructional settings, while maintaining high standards for behavior and safety.
● Ensures age appropriate conversation among youths and staff; promote good manners and encourage common courtesies
among youths and staff.
● OST Site Supervisors are expected to actively work, monitoring YDC/PAL youths and staff at all times.
● Continuous tracking of program outcomes, staff time off request, staff attendance.
● And more...