The Teaching Assistant is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functionality as well as supporting the emotional wellbeing of the children.
Qualifications and Requirements:
● Must be 18 years old.
● High School Diploma or GED required.
● Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
● Must pass criminal background check and fingerprinting, and TB Test.
● Current in First Aid/CPR Certification (or within 3 months of employment).
● Must be able to travel among our centers when needed.
● Must be willing to obtain a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential.
● Must complete 24 hours of professional development annually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Build a positive relationship with each child in your care, and foster positive connections with all children.
● Actively engage with children at all times.
● Implementing the Teacher’s lesson plans and maintaining daily classroom schedules.
● Maintain a safe, organized and clean environment.
● Ability to develop and implement age appropriate activities.
● Serve as a positive adult role model for children in the program through appropriate dress, speech, attitude, and courtesy.
● This position requires a person who can work in a highly interactive setting and an emotionally and physically stimulating environment.