Liberty Hyde Bailey Museum Director
The City of South Haven is seeking a part-time Museum Director who will provide administrative and consultant services working with the Liberty Hyde Bailey Museum (LHBM) Board of Trustees. The Museum Director will serve as the key liaison between the staff, volunteers, and the board. This contracted position will work two (2) – three (3) days per week as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Train and supervise staff, as well as volunteers and docents.
- Work with the City of South Haven’s Human Resources (HR) department at the direction of the Board of Trustees to recruit and onboard staff members.
- Track employee’s hours worked in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act and submit staff’s time cards to the City of South Haven’s HR department in a timely manner.
- Confer with the Board of Trustees to formulate and interpret policies, to determine budget requirements, and to plan overall operations.
- Develop and maintain the registration, cataloging, and basic recordkeeping systems as well as prepare monthly reports when requested.
- Maintain and provide financial records in accordance with the Museum Financial Policy.
- Works with City Staff and Department of Public Works to maintain the property and the house.
- Oversees and organizes the acquisition, storage, and exhibition of collections and related materials.
- Manages emails and other communications; newsletters, memberships, Annual Appeals-as outlined by the Board of Trustees.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are aligned to AAM Standards.
Send completed application, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, City of South Haven, 539 Phoenix Street, 49090. See www.south-haven.com for application. Deadline for application is October 4, 2019. EOE
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
- Museum Experience- Paid, Volunteer, Internship and working with boards
- Management principles as well as leadership skills.
- Ability to work with people and follow directions.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of Past Perfect, Google Suite, Constant Contact, Microsoft Suite and Adobe Suite preferred.