Vibracoustic has an opening for a Material Development Lab Technician at our South Haven, MI Regional Corporate Office.
The primary responsibility of the Material Development Lab Technician is to Provide support for the Material Development group by following instructions given by the Material Development Manager. Chemical and physical testing of rubber compounds.
Material Development Lab Technician Tasks:
Development Manager or Material Development Engineer.
- Specific work instructions are associated with the mixing and testing of rubber polymer, compounds, and chemicals. Some specific functions are shown below:
- Weigh rubber and chemicials per the batch summary sheet.
- Mix rubber ingredients to form compounds per the Material
Material Development Lab Technician Profile:
- Prepare test specimens of rubber compounds per specifications or customer specific requirements to characterize the material properties.
- Run routine analytical test per the instruction of the Material Development Manager or Material Development Engineer.
- Perform laboratory testing as directed by Material Development Manager.
- Prepare data sheets and enter test results into the departmental compound database.
Candidates for positions with Vibracoustic must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Vibracoustic is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Vibracoustic offers a solid track record of growth and expansion in the highly competitive automotive industry as well as a complete benefits package including health/prescription/dental/vision options, short term disability, long term disability, basic life insurance, additional optional life insurance amounts available including spouse and dependent child coverage, flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a company match.
Please apply online at: http://www.vibracoustic.com/careers/vacancies
Vibracoustic USA Inc., 400 Aylworth Ave., South Haven, MI 49090-1796
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Aptitude for math and science.
- Some experience using Excel, Word, and other Microsoft products.
- Positive attitude with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Some understanding of the Hazardous Materials Identification Guide, MSDS on test solutions, chemicals, and other commonly used laboratory consumables is preferred but not required.