Position is responsible for the preparation of high quality food and service in accordance to Taste standards, menu specifications, and production schedules. Responsible for overseeing kitchen staff in preparation of food while meeting required safety and quality standards. Experienced kitchen leader with proven ability to supervise the production of from-scratch food at high-volume levels.
- Manage all activities in the kitchen, including food preparation and production, management and training of kitchen staff
- Ensure efficient, cost-effective operation and profitability of food production
- Supervise and inspect all preparation and cooking equipment on a regular basis to ensure that they are kept clean, sanitary, and in perfect operating order
- Ensure that food products, presentation, and plating are of the highest quality, and are prepared to serve in a timely manner
- Assure adherence to all standards of food quality, preparation, recipes, and presentation in conjunction with the specifications
- Monitor holding and storage operations, stocking and food rotation, and guarantee food service sanitation standards are met
- Assure kitchen personnel is trained in best cleanliness and sanitation practices
- High school or GED equivalent required, formal culinary training or associate degree in culinary arts highly preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years cooking experience and experience in a culinary leadership role
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room employees, and guests.
- Food Safety Certification-or the ability to receive one
- Ability to bend, stand, and stoop for long periods of time, and working long hours in hot conditions
- Must have experience calculating figures and amounts and performing mathematical functions to meet the business needs
- Experience in weekly schedule planning