Do you love having FUN?
Do you love working in a Team as well as by yourself?
Do you love working with your hands?
Do you love interacting with people?
Do you love doing something different every day?
Then this job may be for YOU.
**This is a seasonal position May-October (position may be available through December for Christmas in the Park)**
You will be responsible for implementing events/activities for all age ranges, including family activities for our Jellystone Park™. Activities and events will be planned and put into action seven days a week during our In-season/Peak season. You will also be responsible helping promote the Yogi Bear™ character throughout scheduled activities. You will assist the Recreation Supervisor/Activity Director in the maintenance & clean- up of recreation facilities and equipment.
Some specific job duties may include:
- Be knowledgeable of all planned activities and instructions for participation.
- Assist with set-up, tear-down and clean-up of activity.
- Greet guests & encourage participation.
- Explain activity, techniques and safety procedures.
- Assist guests with activity when needed and answer questions.
- Able to interact as a leader and assert direction on how to complete activity within time constraints.
- Promote an atmosphere of fun!
- Training for being in costume and a handler; ensuring that all Character antics are within acceptable
- Ensure that Characters make scheduled appearances a minimum of twice daily during the midweek and a minimum of three times daily on weekends and Off peak season as directed.
- Create and maintain the illusion that Yogi Bear™ and friends as “real” ensuring all guests have a positive and entertaining experience during their stay.
- Perform daily prep work and cleaning as placed in Jolt app. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and Fill Tie Dye bottles with
- Fill slime cups with glue & Sta
- Prep Ceramic paint cups and prep trays
- Sweep & Mop floor
- Vacuum Rugs
- Take Rags/Towels/Rugs to Laundry to
- Wipe down glass
- Restock Redemption Counter
- Vacuum Arcade Alley
- Wipe down, clean, and sanitize
- Sweep Pavilion
- Disinfect Picnic Tables
- This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through both verbal and written venues.
- Possess excellent organization and project management skills, leadership skills as well as the ability to manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Possess exceptional guest relations skills.
- Personable, enjoy working with children/people.
- Basic math skills for careful and accurate money handling.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Demonstration of a positive attitude with guests, management and team
- Weekend & Evening hours are required.
This position is an extremely physically active position. Employee is regularly required to stand, walk and run. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, hop, skip and jump. Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds. This position also frequently includes assisting in promoting the image of the characters and the employee to dress in costumes, which are confining spaces and can be extremely hot. Employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions (hot and humid, rainy, extreme temperatures, airborne particles).
**Not full job description.
Wage based on Experience