Cafe Worker (Seasonal)
Cartoon Cafe · South Haven, Michigan
Do you love having FUN?
Do you love working in a Team as well as by yourself?
Do you love working with your hands?
Do you love interacting with people?
Do you love doing something different every day?
Then this job may be for YOU.
**This is a seasonal position May-October (position may be available through December for Christmas in the Park)**
The Cartoon Café is responsible for preparation and distribution of a quality food product, ensuring proper service, comfort and safety to all guests, maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards, processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, cash register operations and safeguarding company assets.
Some specific job duties may include:
- Demonstration of a positive attitude with guests, management and team members.
- Taking orders, handling money through point of sale system.
- Take all necessary security precautions to ensure that cash and credit cards are held in a safe and secure manner.
- Respond to all incoming telephone calls, ensuring that these are answered promptly, and questions are answered accurately.
- Ensure that established sanitation and safety standards are maintained.
- Monitor supply and inventory to ensure that items remain stocked.
- Comply with safety, health and hygiene policies and procedures.
- Preparing and serving food.
- Operating conveyor pizza oven, fryers, microwave, ice cream machine, smoothie machine, espresso machine, warmers, and any other equipment used in the process of making the necessary food items.
- Prepare and serve ice cream, baked goods, and food for guests.
- Must be able to be trained in proper food handling techniques.
- Routine cleaning of equipment.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas as well as overall kitchen and food preparation areas
- Assist other departments in any other aspects needed to maximize guest experience.
- This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through both verbal and written venues.
- Upbeat, engaging personality, strong work ethic, and professional appearance
- Possess excellent customer service, communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Basic math skills for careful and accurate money handling.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Possess exceptional guest relations skills.
- Weekend & Evening hours are required.
Employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, stoop, kneel, and crouch. Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds. Constant use of hands and arms to input data into computer, scoop ice cream, and prepare food. Must be able to move boxes of stock from freezer or cooler to kitchen area and must be able to squat and stoop to retrieve low boxes or supplies. Must be able to converse directly with guests. Employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions (hot and humid, rainy, extreme temperatures, airborne particles).
**Not full job description.
Wage based on experience