Do you love having FUN?
Do you love working in a Team as well as by yourself?
Do you love working with your hands?
Do you love interacting with people?
Do you love doing something different every day?
Then this job may be for YOU.
**This is a seasonal position May-October (position may be available through December for Christmas in the Park)**
Responsible for cleaning and proper maintenance of 2 comfort stations, 36 cabins/cottages, 3 RV Rentals, ranger station restrooms, break room, meeting room and laundry facilities. All while acting in a public relations capacity providing information and assistance to the guests of Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park™.
Some specific job duties may include:
- Demonstration of a positive attitude with guests, management and team members.
- Gather and remove litter.
- Follow and comply with cleaning procedures as set forth and given to you for proper cleaning of comfort stations, cabin/cottages and laundry facility.
- Follow scheduled cleaning checklists for daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance.
- Comply with all federal and state safety programs by adhering to established guidelines in the operation and storage of various equipment, tools, and chemicals, ensuring your safety, as well as that of fellow staff and campground guests.
- Perform all housekeeping duties necessary including cleaning accommodations and public spaces to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Stocks and organizes supply cart.
- Removes soiled/dirty linens from beds.
- Distributes clean linens as requested.
- Cleans/scrubs shower, tub, toilet, sink, counters, and mirrors.
- Vacuums carpets; Mops all floors; Dusts all furniture, and polishes as needed.
- Cleans microwaves, refrigerators, and sinks.
- Ensures stock & cleanliness of kitchen dishes and utensils.
- Folds clean linens as necessary; make linen packages and disperse resort laundry.
- Assists customers with specific requests.
- Cleans and organizes housekeeping area.
- Uses personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Assist other departments in any other aspects needed to maximize guest experience.
- This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Housekeeping/Laundry Experience, a plus
- Strong organization, and multi-tasking ability
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities.
- Excellent guest relations skills.
- The ability to work with time constraints and be self-motivated.
- Work under wet and slippery conditions.
- Capable of operating a golf cart.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
This position is an extremely physically active position. Employee is regularly required to stand and walk. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, stoop, kneel, and crouch. Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds. Employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions (hot and humid, rainy, extreme temperatures, airborne particles).
**Not full job description.
Wage based on experience