Martha’s Vineyard Bed & Breakfast
Seasonal Housekeeper Job Description
Martha’s Vineyard, South Haven’s premiere bed & breakfast, is seeking a part-time housekeeper (20-30 hours/week) to join our team for the peak summer season (May – September). The right candidate will have an exceptional attention to detail with a heart for service and hospitality to help guests create memorable experiences.
- Prepare common areas and guest rooms for check-ins. This includes (but is not limited to) vacuuming and/or mopping; dusting; preparing rooms; setting up special packages.
- Refresh rooms for guests who are staying multiple days. This includes (but is not limited to) making the bed, taking away trash and dirty dishes, washing and resetting breakfast trays in Guest House, removing and replacing used towels, tidying bathroom.
- Clean rooms after guests check out. This includes (but is not limited to) stripping and remaking beds; removing trash and dirty dishes; dusting; vacuuming and/or mopping; cleaning bathrooms; laundering sheets, towels and other items as necessary; ironing sheets; washing and resetting breakfast trays in Guest House.
- Clean and stock kitchenette in Guest House.
- Stock supply rooms in Main House and Guest House.
- Notify Assistant Innkeeper or Owners of necessary repairs and/or replacements.
- Assist with breakfast service.
- Assist guests as necessary.
- Yard work and other maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned by Assistant Innkeeper or Owners.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to manage time and work well unsupervised
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
- Professional appearance
- Prompt and courteous service to guests
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
Pay and Other Information
- High School graduate or equivalent
- One year of cleaning experience preferred. Will train the right candidate.
- Work three to five days a week (depending on occupancy) including weekends (20-30 hours)
- Wage is based on experience and starts at $16/hour.