|Drafter or Product Designer II
LOCATION: Bangor, Michigan
Getman Corporation, a Southwest Michigan manufacturer and global supplier of mobile equipment to the mining industry, is looking for a Drafter/Designer II to support the Engineering Department.
HOURLY RATE: $20.10-23.20 (Commensurate with experience)
Work with Product Engineers to assist in designing quality machines and other designs. Prepare computer aided design(CAD) detail and assembly drawings, from 3D layouts or marked up drawings. Revise released drawings to comply with change notices. Develop and implement bills of material and miscellaneous layouts per request of others and self-directed design work.
- Use CAD software to layout and detail design work.
- Create and revise CAD detail, assembly, and advertisement drawings to comply with Getman Engineering standards based on layouts, sketches, marked-up drawings, and/or supervisor instructions.
- Design interfacing components and use ERP software to develop assembly bills of materials as required for designs.
- Consults with supervisor, suppliers, engineering specialists and other departments to execute job assignments consisting of specifications, calculations, and analysis and material/component selection.
- Develop, design and create tags for trucks or other as required.
- Troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing issues and make other improvements with product designs as necessary.
- Meet deadlines set forth by the Product Engineers and direct supervisor.
- Use reasonable foresight to identify vehicle assembly, operations, and maintenance risks as part of the design process.
- Perform other engineering related tasks as required by Product Engineer.
- Check work to insure the correctness of spelling, drawing format, and organization, dimension and tolerance convention, and conformance with other governing Getman Engineering Standards.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Two-year associate degree from an accredited technical school with an emphasis on computer aided design or equivalent experience. Applicable degrees would be in the following curriculums: Mechanical, Manufacturing/Industrial, Drafting & Design or similar.
- Two years CAD drafting and 3D layout work experience preferred but not required with degree for Drafter position; three years minimum experience for Product Designer II position; SolidWorks and Draftsight experience preferred.
SKILLS, TALENTS AND/OR CHARACTERISTICS
- Mechanically inclined.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, materials and other physical sciences to complete designs.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Hands on experience with machinery, engines, etc. preferred.
- Mental visualization from verbal communication.