LOCATION: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Getman Corporation, a Southwest Michigan manufacturer and global supplier of mobile equipment to the mining industry, is looking for a Material Handler to support the Warehouse Department.
HOURLY RATE: $17.50
Receive work orders, put away parts, and pick work orders and trucks for assembly.
- Maintain a safe work environment and practices at all times.
- Move all parts from one operation to another.
- Receive all work orders and put away in locations.
- Pick all work orders and trucks for fabrication and assembly.
- Process shortages for trucks daily.
- Move fixtures and maintain fixture log accuracy.
- Stage parts for outside processes and distribute paperwork to proper departments.
- Stage overflow parts according to truck schedule.
- Replenish production lines with the appropriate materials as needed or requested throughout the shift.
- Responsible for safe and efficient operation of the forklift(s), all preventative maintenance and notification of repairs needed. Recharge batteries on forklifts and other applicable MHE.
- Actively participates in company initiatives such as process improvements, cost savings, 5S etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least 1 year of related work experience in a manufacturing facility (parts production preferred)
- Experience with computers, programs and data entry including shipping, receiving or warehousing/ERP systems preferred.