ASSISTANT DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Assistant Director is integral to maintaining the positive and upbeat image of the organization in keeping with established branding and messaging. Responsible for the management of South Haven Area Chamber of Commerce events and programs, they are integral to pushing forward the mission of the Chamber “to build a vibrant and prosperous community, and have fun doing it!” The Assistant Director is familiar with all aspects of the business community and recognizes that their knowledge, demeanor and professionalism may be the basis upon which customers engage in education, training and networking opportunities deployed by the South Haven Area Chamber of Commerce.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
To ensure that the Chamber’s program of work includes robust networking and small business development opportunities consistent with our branding and messaging, these are the tasks and responsibilities of the Assistant Director position.
Events and Membership Management:
Website and Communications:
- Developing and executing marketing communications plans for events, including press release and communications to Chamber members;
- Developing event and program sponsorship campaigns and assisting with event/program sponsorship acquisition;
- Coordinating with sales representatives and Chamber vendors;
- Preparing and executing the event plan;
- Day-of-the-event on-site coordination;
- Assisting the Director to develop and implement membership sales;
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
The Assistant Director has a superior proficiency in computer software applications, including all Microsoft products, experience with database management and website administration. Working at a high level of support, the Assistant Director possesses excellent communication and customer service skills, and has a proven ability to multitask. They are flexible, innovative, task-oriented, and take initiative, recognizing that the work environment is dynamic, fluid and ever-changing.
To ensure the success of the position, the Assistant Director will:
- Maintaining and updating the Chamber’s website to ensure that it promotes all upcoming Chamber related events and programs;
- Ensuring all Chamber calendar of event items are posted to the Chamber’s website;
- Maintaining and updating Facebook account, and related social media presence to be relevant and informative.
- Coordinating weekly e-blasts to membership;
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
This is an exempt, 40 hours per week position with some evening and weekend work required.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Executive Director Kathy Wagaman at email@example.com or mail to 606 Phillips St. South Haven, MI 49090.
- Type 45WPM minimum;
- Have excellent telephone and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate a proven ability with Word, Excel, Publisher; and PowerPoint – certification preferred;
- Possess an associates degree, two years of experience in a high level support position, a current Michigan Drivers License and own a vehicle to run errands in the South Haven area;
- Have prior event management experience;
- Have measurable sales experience;
- Have an excellent knowledge of the greater South Haven area and region; and
- Be available for some weekend and evening work.