Moody on the Market.com is the area’s most comprehensive business news source. Daily we receive press releases, leads and in the moment stories that require coverage, thus we are searching for a Content Contributor who will take hold of the potential story, do some research and if merited convert it into content in the form of a story posted on the website. That content is written in text and converted into audio clips and or video clips.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The Content Contributor is responsible for updating the website daily (Monday through Friday) with fresh content. And if necessary on the weekend if an urgent story must be addressed in a timely fashion.
2. Responsible for keeping track of incoming press releases, leads and in the moment
stories that we are made aware of.
3. Responsible for contacting lead sources to research potential stories.
4. Monitor key business portals like the Michigan Manufacturers Association, Michigan
Restaurant & Lodging Association, National Federation of Independent Business,
National Retail Federation, Michigan Retailers Association, Kinexus Group, Cornerstone
Alliance, the Michigan State Chamber of Commerce, the SWM Regional Chamber, and
many similar groups to keep tabs on their advocacy, etc.
5. Also, “Establish a network of key contacts and industry sector experts for comment on breaking news and analysis.”
6. Responsible to determine if a story is text, audio clip, video clip or potentially all three.
7. Other duties as assigned.
To be a successful Content Contributor, an individual must perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School diploma or GED is required. College degree in journalism is preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to comprehend complex ideas and issues, and relate them in conversational terms. Ability to formulate pertinent questions in order to better understand complex issues. Clear and precise speaking voice is essential. Strong grammar, spelling, and vocabulary skills are a necessity.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to comprehend and compute
percentages and both draw and interpret graphs is essential.
Knowledge of digital editing software, digital automation systems, news gathering and
producing programs. Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities in an effective
and courteous manner. Willingness to endure flexible and sometimes extended hours, and the pressure of working under a strict deadline and the stress that may come with that.
Can accommodate both in office or work remotely, or a combination of the two.
This can be a full or part time position depending on the candidate and their circumstances. To be considered part time and still wishes to receive benefits, the
candidate must work 30 hours of more per week.
Compensation based on whether the position is full or part time and will be discussed in the interview process.
If you feel you would be a good fit for this position, send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mid-West Family Southwest Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.