Under the supervision of the National Blueberry Festival Board of Directors, the Coordinator shall be responsible for spearheading sponsorship sales and acting as the primary point of contact for coordinating all of the components of the National Blueberry Festival. This position will consist of approximately 12-20 hours per week, with more hours expected in the weeks leading up to the festival August 12-15, 2021.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Sponsorship sales: The primary initiative of the Director is sponsorship sales. This requires reaching out to past sponsors as well as identifying potential new sponsors in order to generate donations for the National Blueberry Festival, a 501(c)(4) non-profit community event. Creativity and organization are key, as well as a positive attitude, outgoing nature, comfort with selling, and a willingness to cold call and follow up as needed. Developing new sponsors among national brands and previously untapped businesses will be key to success in this position.
Event coordination: The National Blueberry Festival is a large event with many components. It is imperative that the Coordinator gather and maintain accurate and detailed records of contacts, agreements, schedules and other information related to the annual festival. The incumbent is also responsible for volunteer recruitment, retention, training and assignment. Maintaining a volunteer database, sponsorship database and vendor database are critical duties. The incumbent will also be required to act as on-site event coordinator during the festival, held the 2nd weekend in August.
This description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements. Other job duties may be assigned, based on festival needs and incumbent’s skills. Such duties may include, but are not limited to: production of flyers, posters, signs, banners, and other marketing materials; assisting with social media marketing, etc. Management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
WORKING CONDITIONS & POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Proven sales experience
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Pleasant telephone manner, prompt follow-up when necessary
- Able to work efficiently and successfully under minimal supervision, yet seeks and takes direction appropriately
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Flexible, innovative, results-oriented, and shows initiative
- Calm under pressure, with creative problem-solving skills
- Able to tactfully handle difficult situations with vendors, sponsors or festival patrons
- Demonstrates moderate to advanced computer skills, including Word and Excel, proficiency with internet and e-mail communications
- Desktop publishing skills strongly preferred
This is an hourly position, approximately 12-20 hours per week, with some evening and weekend work required. Additional hours may be available during the weeks leading up to the event. This is not a telecommuting position, and geographically distant candidates will not be considered.
The National Blueberry Festival is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, or national origin.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- May be required to sit for long periods of time
- Required to spend long periods of time using a computer, typing and/or using a computer mouse; has the manual dexterity and functionality to use hands/fingers for keyboarding
- Required to move files and supplies; must be able to lift and carry at least 20 pounds
- May be required to stand for extended periods of time during events
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English by phone, in writing, and in person
- Required to attend Board of Directors meetings. Meetings are held monthly September through May, biweekly in June, and weekly in July. Meetings are scheduled two weeks in advance.
- Work hours are flexible, provided you are able to contact potential sponsors during their business hours, and you are available to attend meetings
- Most job duties can be performed from your home, though office space may be available if preferred
- Open availability during August 12-15, 2021 is necessary, as you will be required to act as on-site coordinator during the festival
. No phone calls, please.