HE RIDE IS A FUN AND PICTURESQUE BICYCLE TOUR OVER ROLLING COUNTRYSIDE NEAR THE SHORE OF LAKE MICHIGAN. VISIT ART STUDIOS, WINERIES, CIDER MILLS, FAMILY FARMS AND ORCHARDS TO SEE, TOUCH, SMELL AND TASTE THE BOUNTIFUL RICHES OF SOUTHWEST MICHIGAN. THERE ARE FOUR ROUTES FOR VARYING ABILITIES OF 15 TO 62 MILES IN LENGTH. ALL OF THE NET PROCEEDS GO TO SUPPORT THE FRIENDS OF THE BLUE STAR TRAIL, AN ALL VOLUNTEER CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION COMMITTED TO CONSTRUCTING A 20-MILE RECREATIONAL PAVED OFF-ROAD TRAIL NEAR THE SHORE OF LAKE MICHIGAN FROM SAUGATUCK TO SOUTH HAVEN, MI.
The 7th Annual Lakeshore Harvest Ride will be held on...
Saturday, September 15, 2018.
We changed the month of the bike tour last year to September to make the Ride even more enjoyable. The new date delivered...gorgeous weather, moderate temperatures and better access to lodging, restaurants and the other harbor town attractions. Come early or stay late this year to enjoy the 2nd Annual South Haven Jazz Festival!
Description of the Ride:
- Unlike many bike tours, cyclists don’t just pass by scenic farms and vineyards, they can stop to shop. Better yet, we deliver our cyclists’ purchases to them at the end of their ride! Visit art studios, wineries, cider mills, family farms and orchards (see Tour Stops above).
- Cyclists can choose to begin the ride in Douglas or in South Haven, MI (see addresses and maps to the right).
- Route distances and stops depend on the starting point. Click on the Bike Routes tab above to view the maps and stops for each route.
- Each starting point has four routes for varying abilities ranging from 15 to 62 miles in length. Most of the routes are on flat to rolling terrain. The 60 and 62 mile routes have some hilly sections.
- All routes are on paved roads and paths except for a small section of hard packed trail near the Kal-Haven Trailhead and some driveways to our tour stops.
- The tour includes lunch, snacks, water and SAG support.
- To save $15, register online by August 20th. Click on the registration tab for details of available discounts.
- Our 7th Annual Lakeshore Harvest Ride t-shirts are available for purchase and will be available for pickup at your start point if you place your order by August 20th...order online while registering.
Information about check-in, registration and other Ride details
- Check-in or register in person at your start point on September 15 from 8:00 to 11:00 a.m. Route maps will be given to you at your start point.
- Important: Start your Ride at a time that will enable you to finish by 3:30 p.m.. Please allow extra time to visit and relax at our fun stops along your tour.
- A free concierge service will deliver products purchased along your route to you at your starting point.
- Snacks and bottled water are provided at most of the tour/rest stops.
- Lunch will be available at the Glenn Community Center from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Lunch will also be available at the starting points from 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Our Lakeshore Harvest Ride t-shirts are available for purchase when you register online. They will also be sold at the Glenn Community Center but supplies are limited.
Come for the Ride - Stay for the Weekend
For information about lodging, restaurants and other events during the weekend of the Ride, click on the links below. Please note there are some B&B’s and hotels offering special discounts to our Riders.
Important Event Dates
Final day for $15 online pre-registration discount and purchase of a t-shirt for pickup at start point.
Final day for $5 online registration discount.
Check-in or register at Starting point from 8:00-11:00 AM. Please finish by 3:30 PM.
STARTING POINT LOCATIONS
66 Bailey Ave.
South Haven, MI 49490